Grant & Stone is a local, independent company that’s been established for over 30 years.
Our expanding network of building & plumbing merchants, electrical wholesalers and kitchen & bathroom showrooms spread across Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Oxfordshire and boast an annual turnover of around £100 million.
Our staff have the opportunity to develop and progress within a growing company and have a real impact on our success. In turn, they are recognised for their hard work with competitive salaries with annual reviews, discounted gym memberships, access to subsidised private healthcare, specialist training and a friendly work environment.
We recruit for a variety of positions across our branches on an ongoing basis, so if you are enthusiastic, hardworking and customer-focused then why not send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please state in your email or covering letter which position you are applying for.
Internal Sales Assistant - Stevenage
We are seeking an Internal Sales Assistant for our Stevenage Electrical Branch.
Offer a high standard of service to customers at all times, being mainly responsible for receiving and processing sales orders received from customers in our sales office, as well as dealing with customers who attend our trade counter. Assist and deal with enquiries received from customers and potential customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Dealing with orders and enquiries received from customers and potential customers over the phone, via email and in person, whether they report directly to the trade counter, or present themselves anywhere else on the Company’s premises. In particular, offering direct assistance to customers.
- Offer a high standard of customer service by greeting customers and politely ascertaining their needs and wants. If appropriate recommending and pointing out items matching their needs, and accurately describing product features and benefits to maximise sales and customer satisfaction.
- Adopting a pro-active approach to maximise sales to existing customers.
- Actively making enquiries with customers who are not trading with Grant and Stone by exploring new sales opportunities where possible.
- Resolving customer queries, investigating complaints, and resolving these as soon as possible.
- Where appropriate, renegotiating product standard price and considering special prices when necessary to maximise product sales.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and branch drivers to assist with delivery planning and logistics.
- Be proactive in maintaining up to date technical knowledge of all products sold, ensuring that product knowledge is kept up to date with any technical product updates and changes.
- Attend training relating to the role if requested by the Company.
- Observe strict adherence to the Company’s health and safety procedures at all times.
- Undertake additional or alternative tasks and duties in line with the branch requirements.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Basic addition and subtraction skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an internal sales role or equivalent experience
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to maintain technical knowledge of product ranges
- Capable of interpreting customers’ needs where appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training to improve capability in the role
- Personable demeanour, good telephone manner and friendly personality
Bathroom Design & Sales - Thame
We are seeking a Bathroom Design & Salesperson for our Thame Plumbers Branch.
We are a successful and growing specialist in the Kitchen and Bathroom Sector dealing with both trade and retail customers. We are looking for the right person to join our busy team to deal with all aspects of the Bathroom Design and Sales role.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake training if required, and carry out all aspects of showroom operations while providing the highest level of service to our customers.
They will also be expected to:
- Communicate effectively with customers in person, over the phone and by email.
- Correctly process estimates for customers, quoting correct pricing; delivery dates and stock requirements. Ensuring all documents are filed correctly
- Participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
- Develop a sound understanding of company products and services
- Provide a friendly and accurate after-sales service as required
- Good communication skills
- Presentable and professional
- Can work well within a team and also individually
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good accuracy skills
- Can work to targets and deadlines
- Can work to targets and deadlines
- Good understanding of what acceptable customer service is
- Driver’s License - optional
Plant Hire Relief Driver / Yard Person - Hemel Hempstead Builders Merchants & Tool Hire.
Loading the vehicle and making deliveries to sites and to customers. The role may also be required to collect and or deliver goods to and from other branches. In addition, the job holder may also be required to undertake various other tasks related to the smooth running of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely load and unload plant and tools onto vehicles, adopting safe lifting and handling procedures at all times.
- Ensure all loads are secure, stable and not hazardous. Ratchet straps will be available for this purpose.
- Ensure that at all times your vehicle is roadworthy and safe. Perform the checks that are included in the standard company procedures, and check your vehicle generally as necessary to make sure it is safe to use.
- Report immediately any concerns about the safety of your vehicle, or any defect in maintenance or repair to your Line Manager.
- Observe strict adherence to the Company’s health and safety procedures at all times. In particular, being careful in the use of equipment that is attached to your vehicles such as Hiab cranes and tipping equipment. The company’s set procedures for use of such equipment should be followed strictly at all times, to ensure the safety of yourself and other people.
- Ensure that the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times for example protective boots, high visibility jackets, helmets, dust masks and gloves.
- Completing delivery/collection paper work and ensuring Insurance/Disclaimer paperwork are signed, printed and dated.
- Adopt a pro-active approach to increasing sales, by looking out for new sites and developments seen while driving which could result in new business leads
- Serving customers and potential customers who attend the branch, including raising Hire Contracts and offering direct assistance to them when it appears that they are not being attended to, especially when they are in the yard or stores areas, but also in any other area of the premises.
- Cleaning equipment and keeping yard tidy
- Some basic level servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment may be required. (Training would be provided)
Qualifications and Attributes
- Hold a valid category C driving licence (Class 2)
- Trained in the use of Hiab cranes and tipping equipment
- Have good customer service skills
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Ability to take instructions and work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Be organized in prioritizing workload effectively
- Be physically fit
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Maintain a good knowledge of health and safety policy and procedures at all times